Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Baby Girl Turns 1!

This past December my little girl turned 1.  It is such a bitter sweet thing.  She no longer is a baby but she is developing such a little personality.


 Of course I had to throw her a party but I told myself I was going to do something small and just for family so that I could enjoy the day and not feel overwhelmed.  I must not know myself very well.  I did enjoy myself but I maybe went a little overboard. 

The theme revolved around her invitation that I created on Inkscape. Of course I incorporated a little bit of chevron as well.


Instead of doing a big cake I decided to do a smash cake and then do some fun cupcakes.  The flavors I did were banana pudding, peanut butter cup, and cookie dough.


Since there was only family I decided to serve a lunch.  We had...
Crockpot Mac n Cheese (always a favorite in our house) 

 
PB&J Sandwiches shaped like elephants

 
A Salad bar which was originally going to be salad on a stick but I decided to save time and energy and do it this way.
A yogurt bar.  You filled your waffle bowls with yogut, mixed fruit, and granola.

 
Elephant cookies.  Which I cheated and used already prepared cookie dough and I won't do that ever again.  Or at least not use the brand I used.  They did not hold their shape very well. :/

 
Last but not least Mexican Fiesta Bites.  These were by far the party favorite.  Everyone seemed to love them.  Even my mother-in-law who has a little stricter diet.


I also made the decorations.  Here a glimpse at some of them. As well as a few other party ones. 






 Her aunt made this adorable skirt to go with the top that I made.




No comments:

Post a Comment