Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Year In Review

As I sat down to update my blog today I didn't realize how far behind I was.  I began gathering the pictures I haven't put up and started thinking about what a year this has been. 

About a year ago this time I was creating this blog to showcase some cakes I had done.  To be honest I had other intentions in mind as well.  Since I am a stay at home mom and we live off one income money is tight.  I thought I could use a gift that God has given me to make a little extra income.  I had been making a little extra income watching another little girl but after having my daughter it didn't look like that wasn't going to work out any more. So this blog was developed.

I will have to say that God has really been good to us.  I have had the opportunity to make several cakes this year and make a little extra income.  Making cakes as an extra income helps you to lean on the Lord and trust that He will bring more opportunities to make more cakes.  It isn't something that you know this month you are going to make this much money.  It is very different from month to month. But I am so grateful for all the opportunities I have had. 

This past September God also blessed us with a situation where I could take on another child and watch him in our home while his mom and dad worked.  This has been such a huge blessing to our family.  This has meant I haven't been able to make as many cakes but I have still had the opportunity to on occasion do something I love to do. Any hobby that is turned into a job loses some of its glamor.  If you look at when the blog was last updated ir was about when I took on the other child. :)

When New Year's was approaching I told my husband that nothing life changing happened to us this year, a new baby, a loss of a loved one, etc.  He was quick to recall many of the blessings God DID give us this year and I immediately felt convicted that I wasn't looking at the things God was doing in our lives.  This year I am making it a goal to think about the things God does and give thanks and not think about what He could be doing. 

So with all that said get prepared there are a lot of posts to read!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment