Saturday, January 18, 2014

Teal & Coral Elephant Baby Shower

This cake was made for a woman who I have done a couple cakes for now.  She needed a cake for a baby shower.  The mother-to-be was doing the nursery in gray and white with teal and coral accents. She also was doing elephants.  So at first I had several ideas running around in my head.  With the help of the lady needing the cake we can up with this idea.  I thought this cake would be pretty simple.  It was just strips of fondant.  But my perfectionist tendencies kicked in and I couldn't seem to get the edges straight enough nor the buttercream smooth enough.  I was just thankful the lady emailed me and told me several people loved taste and the look of the cake.  Yet again I am reminded that the little things that I notice other people might not.  This was also the first time at making a marble cake.  It looked pretty neat inside when I was cutting it to level and stack it. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment