Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Country Chic Bridal Shower Cupcakes

I was asked to do more cupcakes from a former coworker for a bridal shower she was throwing.  She first came to me and asked if I could make a cake, cupcakes, and cookies for her son's first birthday.  His theme was a "Winter Onederland". You can check out that post here

Of course she asked me soon after his party in January if I could do 3 dozen cupcakes for her in March and I said I would love to.  Usually I don't get that much notice so I was happy to add it in to my March calendar (When March got it here my calendar was filled up and I actually had to tell someone I couldn't do a cake for them which I felt terrible about.  So I'm glad I knew in advance!)

The theme for the wedding was country chic and she told me that the bride was using coral/salmon pink in her wedding.  Along with some ideas she had suggested I got to work and came up with 3 different cupcake toppers that I thought were cute and would fit her ideas and the country chic theme.  When I first thought about pairing coral with brown I wasn't too sure that would look ok on a cake.  But I was pretty pleased how well the colors turned out together.  Makes me want to go back and use those colors in mine.  :)  Each flavor of cupcake got a different design.  She wanted red velvet with cream cheese frosting, white almond with buttercream, and the infamous cookie dough cupcake. :) 

The first picture I took at home before delivering the cupcakes.  It was only of the 3 different designs.  The second picture was one that my former coworker sent me after the shower. 



No comments:

Post a Comment