Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Whale Baby Shower Cake

Today I finished and delivered a baby shower cake for (are you ready for this) the daughter of a co-worker of my mother-in-law.  This was the second cake they asked me to make for them and I was very excited to hear that they enjoyed their first cake enough to want a second.  The flavor of the cake was Chocolate Lovers with a cream cheese filling.  I have never put those two together and hope it tasted as great as it sounds.  The theme for the nursery is whales and so was the baby shower.  The grandmother-to-be sent me a picture of the invitation so I tried to replicate that as much as possible.

Here is the top half of the invitation



Here is what I came up with. The L is stands for the little boy's name.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I loved the Whale Baby Shower Cake. I just love designer cakes and yours is one good example. I also would be hosting the DIY bash for my son’s birthday at one of the rental event venues Chicago if you have some cake ideas for a birthday boy, please share on your blog.

    ReplyDelete