Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Baby Carriage Baby Shower Cake

You gotta love late night (12:00am) trips to Walmart. (I really had to talk my husband into letting me go.) There are times when I have gotten down to the wire on a cake and it has to be delivered the next day and you realize something isn't right, you have to start over, and/or you need more of something.  Well that happened to me on this cake.  After covering the cake in MMF I realized the color I had done was way to bright.  The woman who contacted me even requested a more lighter green than I first made.  I tried to tell myself it was fine but I couldn't continue without redoing it and it was already almost midnight.  So I made a trip to Walmart to get marshmallows.  People were probably thinking why does one need 2 bags of marshmallows in the middle of the night.  :) I was also surprised how many people (some with kids) were at Walmart shopping this late.

But I got it done in time and was pretty happy how it turned out.  If I had more time I probably would have fixed a few things but I always think that about a cake.  I guess that is my (self-diagnosed) OCD tendencies. :)

 

1 comment: