Monday, September 9, 2013

Sesame Street Birthday Party

Finally I am caught up to a cake I am extra excited to post about, my son's second birthday cake.  I made his first birthday cake but felt like it was a huge fail so I didn't even want to post pictures of it.  This year that's not the case.  I thought it turned out pretty good.

He loves(d) watching Sesame Street and knows many of the characters so I thought it was only appropriate to have a Sesame Street birthday party.  Along with the cake I also made the invitations, the decorations, and the games which included an Oscar the Grouch pinata.  I love to be crafty and birthday parties are definitely a way I can be crafty.

I did a new cake flavor for the top and bottom of this cake.  The top was delicious and I added it to my collection of recipes, Cookies and Cream.  The bottom is a pound cake and I added an optional spice to the cake to see how that would taste and it made it taste more like a spice cake and not a traditional pound cake.  So I decided not to add the spice again.  Here are some of the pictures of the cake.  (And I threw in a few pictures of the party..)


The Cake

The Food
The Fun




My Little Ones (Plus their grandmother)





Hope you like the collages.  I used a free online program called Fotor Photo Collage.  It was the first time I used it and it was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment