Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Minnie Mouse Birthday Cake and Cookies

I need to give a big shout out to my husband for getting me in contact with so many people who need a cake made.  I would say now that 90% of the cakes I get are through someone he works with. Everyone who has contacted me has been great, especially this mom of a very excited 3 year old.  This little girl wanted everything pink and Minnie Mouse.  Of course the outside of the cake was pink but I also made a strawberry cake (per request of the mom) so the inside would be pink as well. 

As we got closer to the party the mom was trying to get ideas for party favors.  After talking to my husband who then talked to me we decided I would make Minnie Mouse cookies to go along with the cake.  I was very excited because I had made cut-out cookies only one other time and I was just the assistant.  This would be the first time I would do cookies on my own and I was very eager to get started on them.  As I started looking for a Minnie Mouse cookie cutter, I began to realized that finding a Minnie Mouse cookie cutter on such short notice was going very difficult and come to find out impossible.  So after referring to Pinterest I found a link that showed me how to make my own out of heavy aluminum pans. I think they turned out pretty good for my first time. :)


Thanks to the mom for getting me this picture of the cookies which I forgot to do.  Once I update all my cakes I have done in the past couple of months I am going to start making a better effort at posting better pictures of the cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment