Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hot Pink, Zebra Stripes, and Cheetah Spots

This cake I did for a baby shower for a woman's sister who works with Billy.  She sent me a picture of the plates and the invitations to use as a guide. 

 
At first we decided that I would make a momma elephant shaped cake and a baby elephant shaped cake.  As the shower got closer Billy's coworker contacted me again and said that they might need another smaller cake because they were afraid that what they first ordered would not be enough. So we talked and instead of doing 3 cakes we decided on a two-tier cake that would feed the new number of people.  So I took the design on the plate and replicated that. 

This was the first time I did a cheetah print on a cake.  I enjoyed researching and creating both the cheetah and zebra prints on this cake.  Both tiers were strawberry with buttercream frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment