Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Did You Say Two By Tomorrow?!

I guess it is about time that I catch up some cakes that I have done.  This cake had the quickest turn-around that I have done so far.  After a long week of working on a bridal shower cake for a friend, I sat down to relax and to look through my emails.  That was when I saw that another friend which we play volleyball with from another group emailed me asking me to make a baby shower cake for his wife and he needed it by the next day!! Oh my! My first reaction was I can't do it I don't have enough time. (Because I have two little ones it is hard to spend a large amount of uninterrupted time on a cake so I really have to pace myself.) As I started thinking more about it I realized our in-laws were not going to the beach that weekend so they would be in town to help with the kids, I pretty much had all the ingredients to make it, and he only needed it for 10 people.  So I agreed to make it for him.

When I looked at the design he sent me that he liked, it had two baby bottoms on it, a pink and a blue, and a cute little saying, "Twice the blessing, twice the fun.  Two little miracles instead of one."  So when I replied back I told him that I assumed he only needed one baby bottom and what color would he like me to do it in.  (BTW this was the first I had heard that his wife was expecting.)  He emailed me back and said he needed one in blue and one in pink because they were having TWINS!! WHAT?!  =) I was so excited for him but knew I better get started on this cake ASAP.

I stayed up pretty late Friday working on it while the kids slept and then Saturday morning my in-laws came over and watched the kiddos while I finished it.  That was the fastest I had ever done a cake for someone.  I am so thankful that it all worked out but hopefully it won't be needed that quickly next time.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment