Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Doctor Will See You Now

My sister-in-law graduated from medical school this past May and after her graduation we all went out to eat to celebrate.  Beforehand her sister (my other sister-in-law) asked me if I would make the cake for this small graduation get together with family.  I agreed and she sent me several examples of cakes she was looking at.  With those examples I came up with this:





The cake was iced in buttercream and then I accented it with fondant pieces.  This is how I generally will decorate a cake unless otherwise stated.  Instead of covering the whole thing in fondant, because let's admit it even the best tasting fondant isn't as good as buttercream, I ice the whole cake with just buttercream.  I then like to decorate it with fondant accent pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment