Thursday, March 19, 2015

Cupcake Cakes

Just recently we had planned to make a quick trip home to Ohio (which is a 6 1/2 hour drive).  My grandpa was going to be turning 85 while we were there.  Since the trip really wasn't planned much in advance I didn't have time to make an elaborate cake and not have to worry about transporting it.  So I decided to try a cupcake cake.  I had seen these pop up and thought they looked pretty easy to do.  So I decided to try it.  It didn't turn out too bad considering I did it all in one day. 



A month later we were returning to Ohio for Thanksgiving and this time it was my dad's birthday.  Again I was pretty tired from being pregnant and 2 kids that I just didn't feel like making a huge cake.  (I also was assigned cooking duties this year as well. :) ) So I whipped up a cupcake cake for my dad as well.  As you can tell he loves football and OSU.  So I thought this one was appropriate it.



Cupcake cakes are a fun twist to cupcakes.  May have to keep that in mind next time I need a cake in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment