Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Adventure: Carrot Cake

This cake was for a friend of a friend's surprise birthday.  She really loves carrot cake so that's what they wanted it to be.  I was a little nervous because I had never done carrot cake before.  I found a recipe I felt was one I could trust and went with it.  I did not realize the time involved in making this cake.  The recipe called for shredded carrots.  So I went and bought baby carrots and shredded them.  Boy was that a job.  I probably should have gotten whole size carrots because there were some very close calls. ;) Later I learned that you can buy already shredded carrots.  :/  Oh well.  This adventure is all about living and learning. :)

After the party I got some great feedback on the cake and I was excited to hear it tasted good and they "were sad when it was all gone." :D

No comments:

Post a Comment