Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hunter's Birthday Cake

So we were going to be home over my dad's birthday so I thought I would make him a cake.  It is always a lot harder to make a cake when you are not in your own house but it turned out ok.  My dad loves to hunt so I thought it would only be fitting to do a camo cake with him and a deer sitting on top.  It also was a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and peanut butter cups in the middle.  It was really good!!!

Before we left my dad HAD to get my husband out in the field to hunt which would mean my husband would have to get up extra early to go.  My husband is generally not an early person but he thought it might be fun to go.  After a couple of hours my husband, dad, sister, and her boyfriend came back with a deer that my husband had shot!!! I was so proud. :D  But then that meant we had to eat the deer.  I'm not a fan but I have been trying to learn new recipes to take out the gamey taste.  Here's a picture of my husband and his deer.


Here is a warning that the picture you are about to see might be a little gross for some. So I made it so that you would have to scroll down to see it.

























 Good job honey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment