Friday, April 19, 2013

First Bridal Shower Cake

About a month or two ago, a friend we play volleyball and also go to our church approached me about making a cake for her sister-in-law's bridal shower.  Thanks to Pinterest (which I am addicted to) she was able to find an idea that she liked.   BTW I no longer Google for ideas I look through Pinterest. :) I really loved the idea she sent me and I thought a lot about what I could do to make it my own.  I spent a lot of time researching other ideas to incorporate into the cake but I just wasn't satisfied with what I was coming up with so I kept the original design the same. 

She did request that she wanted it in purple.  I played it cool when she told me that she wanted it in purple but in my head I was a little (maybe a lot) concerned.  The experience I have had with purple is that the red in the purple fades and the blue color is left.  By the time the party would roll around she would have a blue cake not a purple.  Yikes!  So I researched and read some forums that said that I should not use the purple food color but use a super red and blue to achieve the purple I wanted.  So that is what I did and I was pretty happy with the color.  I think I was trying so hard for it not to fade I may have made it a little darker than I had anticipated but I really did love the purple. 

Here is the picture that she took at the party.  Her picture really showed the purple color.  My IPhone pictures don't always give a great representation of the colors in the cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment