Friday, February 8, 2013

New Adventures in Baking


So growing up I have always had a passion for decorating cakes.  Well another one of our friends turned 30 in December while we were still in the hospital with the delivery of our second child which meant we were unable to celebrate with him and our other friends.  When we were home and able to celebrate we invited them over for dinner and cake afterwards.  Since I had planned to make him a cake for his birthday I asked his wife what his favorite kind was and she told me a cookie cake.  My first thought was, "oh no I have never done a cookie cake before" but I thought I would give it a try.  I knew the cookie cake had to be NC State themed because he is a graduate of NC State as well as a  HUGE NC State sports fan.  I ended up piping this whole cookie cake with buttercream.  I actually didn't spend a whole lot of time on this because I thought we would be the only ones seeing it but I was impressed how it came out so I thought I would share it on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment