Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Big 3-0

This past weekend the husband of one of our couple friends turned the big 3-0.  For his birthday his wife asked me to make his birthday cake for the party.  Our friend's birthday was on Sunday but his wife threw him a party the Saturday night before.  Since it was the night of the big State vs UNC game and our friend went to NC State, his wife asked me to make a NC State basketball cake.  I was very excited she had asked me to do this because I have had a ball pan that I was really wanting a reason to use.  She told me that it had to feed around 25 people and I knew the ball would not feed 25 people so I also made a NC State jersey.  The number on the jersey was suppose to represent his age.  His wife requested I ice the cake with buttercream but that I could accent it with fondant. So that is what I did.  I did use marshmallow fondant this time because the pieces I used to accent were flat pieces so the softer consistency of marshmallow fondant would work and taste better as well. Here is the cake as well as our friend who was turning 30.


No comments:

Post a Comment